Sep 22, 2010
Three Teams Wins $10 Million Automotive Contest
Three teams wins $10 million automotive contest (X Prize) for most fuel efficient & production capable cars. $5 million for main stream class won by Edison 2, Li-iron for alternative side by side class & X-tracer for alternative tandem class won $2.5 million each.
Edison 2’s Very Light Car (Winner – Main Stream Class)
It’s a four person sedan runs on an internal combustion engine with E-85 (85% Ethanol) as fuel.
- Weight: - ~800 lbs (363kg)
- Rear Engine
- 250 CC, 1 Cylinder Engine with DOHC, Turbocharge & ECR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)
- Max Power 40 hp, Max Torque 29 ft-lbs
- Mileage 102.5 MPGe
- 0-100 in 14 Sec
Li-Iron Motors, Wave 2 (Winner – Alternative Side by Side Class )
The WAVE 2 is a two-seater, electric vehicle powered by lithium batteries.
- Weight: - ~2175 lbs (987kg)
- Mileage 187 MPGe
- Speed 80 mph / 128 kmph
- 0-100 in 14.7 Sec
- Charge Time 8+ hours
- Cycle Life 2500 Full Charges
X-Tracer’s E-Tracer (Winner – Alternative Tandem Class )
E-tracer a two seater, motorcycle-like electric vehicle.
- Weight: - ~1435 lbs (651kg)
- Mileage 197 MPGe
- Speed 62/100 km/hr
- 0-100 in 6.6 Sec